Find out if you need a biometrics, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Visitor Visa

Biometrics Passport

The biometric requirement is now mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas. For additional information on whether or not you will be required to give your biometrics, please refer to our fast facts about Biometrics.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization(eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.

Visitor Visa

Some travellers need a visa to come to Canada by any method of travel – plane, car, bus, train, or cruise ship. Please find the list of countries below:

  • We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays.
  • It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA.
  • You can request a Visa letter during the registration process.
  • Invitation letter will be sent only when the payment of your registration is completed.
  • The organizers will not provide financial support.
  • Please check with the Canadian embassy or consulate for the specific requirements for your country.

List of Canadian embassies and consulates: