Find out if you need a biometrics, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Visitor Visa
The biometric requirement is now mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas. For additional information on whether or not you require a biometric, please refer to our fast facts about Biometrics.
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization(eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.
Some travellers need a visa to come to Canada by any method of travel – plane, car, bus, train, or cruise ship. Please find the list of countries below:NEED A VISA OR AN eTA?
- We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays.
- It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA.
- You can request a Visa letter during the registration process.
- Invitation letter will be sent only when the payment of your registration is completed.
- The organizers will not provide financial support.
- Please check with the Canadian embassy or consulate for the specific requirements for your country.
List of Canadian embassies and consulates: http://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies.