Magical Evening at the Traditional Huron Site
1 day from 75$ CAD/ pers.
Located on the Huron-Wendat reservation, the Huron Traditional Site is a unique opportunity to discover the history, the culture and the lifestyle of Hurons of the past and of today.
« The evolutionary path of the Americas has to a certain extent historically tied our people. While visiting our recreated village and by letting yourselves be carried away by our stories, you will discover the hidden faces of the Huron way of life. We trust your stay amongst us will bring a better understanding of our evolution and culture ».
Mario Gros-Louis - Owner and founder
Date: Available all year round
- 18:00 Departure from the hotel by bus
- 18:30 Arrival at the Traditional Huron Site and visit of the boutique
- 19:00 Guided tour (with a guide wearing the traditional apparel): Visit of the Annonchia, the longhouse, where you will be introduced to the traditional way of life and the social organization at the time of the arrival of the Europeans. Techniques of food preservation (smoked and dried meats). Reminders of the old means of transportation. Receive an initiation to the spiritual life of the Huron people, including a sweat lodge and traditional medicine. Visit a giant tipi, find out about the different First Nations and learn about the present situation of the Huron-Wendat people.
- 20:00 Traditional meal (menu subject to modification): Terrine (game meat), traditional soup of the day and bannock (Native bread), tender roe cubes bourguignon, accompanied by wild rice and traditional vegetables. Home-style cake served with a savory maple sauce. Wild tea.
- 21:30 Native show: The sacred dances and ceremonies were traditionally performed to thank the Creator for the good harvest of wild fruits and corn during the fall season. The Huron-Wendat also performed those dances during special holidays, usually held between the first and the thirteenth moon. At the end of the show, visitors are invited to participate in the friendship dance. That dance was usually performed to strengthen the bonds between different nations. You will leave the Site with an unforgettable memory.
- 22:30 Departure from the Huron Traditional Site by bus
- 23:00 Arrival at the hotel
Minimum participants required: 35
Walking Tour of Old Québec, World Heritage Site
1 day from 35$ CAD/ pers.
First a visit to the Quebec Parliament and its flourishing gardens. A unique structure of architectural style inspired by the expansion of the Louvre in Paris. The tour stops onto Place d’Armes to enjoy its grandiose fountain statute. Close by, the tour continues to the Château Frontenac and its Dufferin Terrasse, a magnificent boardwalk overlooking the St. Lawrence River and offering a breathtaking view. Then is the Seminary of Québec, founded in 1663. Now occupied by the Architecture School of Laval University, this institution is a remarkable collection of buildings erected around enclosed courtyards. Following is the spectacular interior of the Notre-Dame-de-Québec Basilica-Cathedral. Then continuing to the Lower Town, finding ourselves in the middle of Place Royale where Samuel de Champlain founded Québec in 1608. Discover the restored houses of merchant families from the New France era. Let’s wander into cobblestone streets and historic houses and take a peek at the Royal Battery facing the river for the defense of the city. A ride in the Funicular will bring you back to the upper part of the city. Time to appreciate the St-Lawrence River’s panorama and a spectacular view of the lower town from a 45-degree angle.
Date: To be determined
- 13:30 Departure from the hotel
- Guided walking tour
- Upper town: Place d’Armes, Dufferin Terrace, Seminary of Québec, Notre-Dame-de-Québec Basilica-Cathedral and more
- Lower town: Place Royale, Restored houses of merchant families from the New France Cobblestone streets, Funicular and more
- 15:30 Arrival at the hotel
Minimum participants required: 15